February 2, 2007

The Office: Ben Franklin

Karen and Jim had recently hit a rough patch in their relationship. For five nights straight, they were ending their evenings with long conversations about their future. While at the office, Karen surprised Jim with a giant embrace and Pam looked on. [NBC, Season 3, Episode 3015, 2/1/07]

Best lines:


Michael
: Number eight. Learn how to take off a woman's bra. You just twist your hand until … something breaks.

Michael
: I am instituting primae noctis.

Jim
: Primae noctis, I believe from the movie, Braveheart, and confirmed on Wikipedia, is when the king got to deflower every new bride on her wedding night. So ...

Michael
: I'm sorry. I had a very different understanding as to what primae noctis meant.

Michael
: I can't get a stripper here. Sexual harassment.
Packer
: Get one for the girls, too. That evens it out. You know, separate but equal.
Michael
: So that's what that means.

Michael
: Okay, coed naked strippers in this office. For realsies.
Angela
: Under no circumstance should a man strip off his clothes in this office.
Meredith
: Shut up, Angela!

Jim
: Michael referred me to a male strip club called Banana Slings. Instead, I called the Scholastic Speakers of Pennsylvania.

Michael
: Mr. Franklin, I would say you are probably one of the sexiest presidents ever.
Ben
Franklin: Well, actually, I never was president.
Michael
: Yes, but Ben Franklin was.

Pam
: Do you wear boxers, briefs, or pantaloons?

Jim
: Michael, Dwight would like your man meat.
Michael
: Well then my man meat he shall have.

Michael
: You smell nice. Like Tide.

Elizabeth
: You want me to answer phones, with my clothes on.
Dwight
: We hired you for three hours work, and we’re gonna get it.

Pam
: Didn't Ben Franklin have syphilis?
Ben
Franklin: Yes. But I don't. My name is Gordon.

Dwight
: I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I am 99% sure.

Michael: So you know who turned out to be kind of a creep? Ben Franklin. And Elizabeth the stripper? Gave me great advice. Which rhymed. Really makes you wonder how Ben Franklin can become president but someone like Elizabeth can't.

No comments: