February 23, 2007

The Office: Cocktails

Michael and Jan go public with their relationship during a party at their CFO's home. At the party, Jim meets Karen's ex. Meanwhile, the rest of the office decides to go to happy hour for drinks. [NBC, Season 3, Episode 3018, 2/22/07]

Best lines:

Michael: And now, Michael the Magic, will attempt to escape from extreme bondage.
Michael: C'mon guys, early worm gets the worm.
Jim: Another worm? Like, are they friends?

Michael: Tonight is so special because my boss' boss' boss, the CFO, not his initials, common mistake, is having a little shindig for all the managers in the company, and Jan and I are going as a couple, for the first time. So it's kind of our coming out party, really. And that is why tonight is so special.

Jim: Why don't I wanna go … didn't expect to need a reason. So let me think here … I don't know any of these people. It's an obligation. I don't like talking paper in my free time … or in my work time. And … did I use the word pointless?

Jan: Let's just blow this party off.
Michael: That's what she said!

Jan: OK, let's just go to a motel and, like, rip into each other like we did on that black sand beach in Jamaica.

Dwight: You're dressed exactly like the servants.

Pam: Kevin, you and Stacey set a date yet?
Kevin: Yeah.
Kelly: Omigod, when is it?
Kevin: It's complicated. I would appreciate some space on this.

Dwight: Oh you know that line on the top of the shrimp? That's feces.

Jan: It releases the company in the event that our relationship in your opinion or in reality interferes with work. You get a copy, I get a copy, and a third copy goes to HR.
Michael: Awesome. I'm going to frame mine. I could frame yours, too.
Jan: You realize this is a legal document that says you can't sue the company?
Michael: Over our love.
Jan: I never told you that I love you.
Michael: You don't have to, Jan. This contract says it all.

Dwight: Do you ever watch Battlestar Galactica?
Party guest: No.
Dwight: No? Then you're an idiot.

Karen: Yeah, I'm the only one left. Everybody else was either fired or quit. And there's one in anger management.

David: This was a gift from Lee Iacocca. Twenty-year old single malt Scotch.
Michael: Here's to Mr. Iacocca, and his failed experiment, the DeLorean.

Creed: I run a small fake ID company from my car with a laminating machine that I swiped from the sheriff's station.

Michael: Why are we going in the bathroom? I thought this is where you liked your privacy.

Michael: Our first fight. If this is about what happened in the bathroom, there was no place to cuddle.

Michael: I want the house, Jan. I want the picket fence, I want the ketchup fights, and the tickling, and the giggling.

Roy: I'm gonna kill Jim Halpert.

No comments: